Using the verb "to work" as an example, here are the verb forms for the Simple Present verb tense.
Positive Form.
The first thing you will notice is the adding of the letter "s" to the verb for the third person singular.
I work
You work
He works
She works
It works
We work
You work
They work.
Negative Form.
With the negative form you will notice that the verb always remains in its infinitive. It is the auxiliary "do" which is conjugated. Notice the third person singular.
I do not (don't) work.
You do not (don't) work.
He does not (doesn't) work.
She does not (doesn't) work.
It does not (doesn't) work.
We do not (don't) work.
You do not (don't) work.
They do not (don't) work.
Question Form.
As with the negative form, it is the auxiliary which is conjugated while the verb remains infinitive.
Do I work?
Do you work?
Does he work?
Does she work?
Does it work?
Do we work?
Do you work?
Do they work?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment